Friday, December 16, 2011

FRIED RICE




I feel it would be improper if I dont post the recipe of fried rice after gobi manchurian. I put a lot of vegetables in fried rice to make it tastier and more colourful.

INGREDIENTS

1. Jeerakashala rice/Basmati rice - 1 1/2 cup (I used jeerakasala rice)
2. Vegetable oil - 2 1/2 table spoon
3. Salt
4. Ginger - 1/2" cube
5. Garlic - 2 cloves
6. Green chilli - 1 (optional)
7. Onion - 1 chopped
8. Carrot - chopped - 1/4 cup
9. Capsicum (bell pepper) chopped - 1/2 cup (I took green,yellow and red capsicum)
10. Beans chopped - 2 table spoons
11. Cabbage - 1/4 cup (cut into thin 1"long strips)
( in addition to these paneer, mushroom, cauliflower, green peas, noolkol or even beetroot can be added )
12. Pepper powder - 1 tea spoon
13. Spring onion chopped - 1/4 cup
14. Soy sauce - 2 table spoon

METHOD

1. Soak the rice for 10 minutes. Spread on a clean cloth to drain.

2. Crush the ginger and garlic lightly.

3. Heat 1 table spoon oil in a wok. Fry the rice for 3-4 minutes. (if you want the rice to be well cooked fry it for 30 seconds only) Add 3 cups of boiling water and enough salt. Close and cook till the rice is done and all the water is gone. Allow to cool.

4. Heat the remaining oil in a pan. Saute the ginger and garlic for 1 minute. Add onion (and chopped green chilly) and saute till soft. Add the veggies and stir fry on medium heat.


5. Add soy sauce and stir for 1 minute. Switch off stove. Add spring onion and mix.

6.Divide both the rice and veggies into 2 portions. Transfer 1 portion of rice to the pan and 1 portion of vegetables to the wok.Add 1/2 tea spoon pepper powder to each. Check for taste and add 1 tea spoon of soy sauce if needed. Heat on a low flame stirring.(the rice and veggies will be mixed well if the mixing is done in small quantities.)

7.Transfer  mixed rice in the pan to the wok.Toss well.











7 comments:

  1. chechi any oil is ok like sunflower ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry sindhu, I was in india for a month and there was no net connection at home Saw your question only now.Yes, you can use sunflower oil. Any oil other than coconut oil is fine.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for informative post. I am pleased sure this post has helped me save many hours of browsing other similar posts just to find what I was looking for. Just I want to say: Thank you!
    Organic Arborio white rice

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a really good read for me. Must agree that you are one of the coolest blogger I ever saw. Thanks for posting this useful information. This was just what I was on looking for. I'll come back to this blog for sure!
    organic brown rice

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your post is providing good information. I liked it and enjoyed reading it. Keep sharing such important posts. I am very much pleased with the contents you have mentioned. I wanted to thank you for this great article. I enjoyed every little bit part of it and I will be waiting for the new updates. I really appreciated this post. Just want to say thank you for the information you have shared. Just continue writing this kind of post.
    organic basmati white rice

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice Website. You should think more about RSS Feeds as a traffic source. They bring me a nice bit of traffic
    how to cook basmati rice

    ReplyDelete