Sunday, December 11, 2011

PALAK CORN SABZI



I had been thinking of trying  this recipe ever since I tasted it onboard the Jet Airways flight to Mumbai. I had opted for "Asian Vegetarian Meal"and what I got was a tasty combination of ghee rice, vegetable masala and palak corn subzi.

Yesterday my friend Vasantham asked whether I knew the recipe of any curry with corn. I told her about this subzi and promised to post the recipe soon. I had fresh corn and some left over palak paste in the fridge and decided to give it a try today itself.

INGREDIENTS

1. Corn - 1 cup
2. Palak paste - 1/2 cup (palak put in boiling water with salt for 1 minute and ground to a paste)
3. Oil - 1 table spoon
4. Cumin seeds  - 1 pinch
5. Ginger garlic paste - 1 tea spoon
6. Chopped onion - 1/4 cup
7. salt
8. Turmeric powder - 1 pinch
9. Green chilly chopped - 1
10. Garam masala powder 1/2 tea spoon

METHOD

1. Cook the corn with a little salt (canned corn can also be used)

2. Heat oil in a pan and fry cumin seeds.Add ginger garlic paste and when it changes colour add chopped onion and green chilly. Saute till the onion turns light brown.

3. Add turmeric and garam masala powders. Stir well and add palak paste. Cook for 3-4 minutes and add the corn. Mix and cook for 2-3 minutes.



1 comment: