Wednesday, November 16, 2011

RED POTATO SALAD

I go to Pizza Hut mainly for their salads. Every time I tried to recreate them at home something was missing. It was during one of my visits to the US that I happened to watch Food Network. Their show "The Next Food Network Star "was going on and I visited their site just to read about the contestants. There they were; all sorts of recipes including  those of my favourite salads by different chefs. I decided to go for Paula Deen's recipes since they were simple and prepared with familiar ingredients.90% of the salads (including this one) I make are based on her recipes.

INGREDIENTS

1. Red potato - 5 - medium (800 gm)
2. Capsicum - 1 small
3. Red onion - 1 small
4. Dill chopped - 1 table spoon (optional)
5. Mayonnaise - 1 table spoon
6. Dijon mustard - 1 table spoon
7. Salt - 1 tea spoon
8. Pepper powder - 1/2 tea spoon
9. sugar - 1 tea spoon
10. Vinegar - 1 tea spoon
11. olive oil - 1 table spoon

METHOD

1. Boil the potatoes. Cool and cut into cubes

2. Chop the capsicum and onion. Combine potato, capsicum and onion in a big bowl.

3. In another bowl whisk items 5 - 11 well. Pour over the potato. Mix well by tossing.

4. Sprinkle dill and refrigerate.  

No comments:

Post a Comment