Tuesday, November 15, 2011

THIN CRUST PIZZA


One evening when I had already prepared dinner my daughter asked whether she could get pizza for a change. She is a big fan of Domino's thin crust pizza and asked whether I could make it at home. She gave me a special recipe  which required dried herbs like rosemary and basil and also pickled peppers, olives and corn meal. The method was easy but I dint have any of these ingredients at home.Still I decided to give it a try with whatever I could dig up from my fridge and followed the recipe from food.com.

Since I used instant yeast it took only less than an hour to make the pizza and the taste was great even after all the modifications.

INGREDIENTS

 1. Wheat flour - 2 cups (or 1 cup maida and 1 cup wheat)
2. Instant yeast - 1 tea spoon
3. Warm water - 1 cup
4. Sugar - 1 tea spoon
5. Salt - 1/4 tea spoon
6. Olive oil - 1 table spoon
7. Tomato paste
8. Tomato sauce
9. Diced capsicum, onion, tomato and paneer - 1/4 cup each
10. Rava - 1 tea spoon
11. Mozzarella cheese ( I used reduced fat mozzarella cheese)

METHOD

1. Dissolve sugar in warm water and mix in the yeast. Close and keep aside for 10 minutes. Transfer to a big bowl.

2. Add wheat flour and salt to the yeast and knead for 6 minutes. Add olive oil and knead again for 2-3 minutes. Cover and allow to rest for 20 minutes.

3. Divide the dough into 5 or 6 equal parts. Roll out each ball like  thick chapathis. Prick with a fork.

4. Preheat the oven at 220 degree ( C)

5. Grease the baking tray with oil and dust with a little wheat flour. Sprinkle a pinch of rava. Transfer the rolled out base on to the tray and spread tomato paste lavishly.Cover with mozzarella cheese. Put some veggies over the cheese and sprinkle 1/2 tea spoon tomato sauce.

6. bake for 10-20 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment